Monday, October 25, 2010

From drab to fab!

I wanted to make my mom a small album with some photos of our recent trip to the pumpkin patch.  However, I did not have time to create an entire mini scrapbook album.  So, I printed out the best pictures from that day and put them in a small 4X6 photo album.  I picked up the album a while ago for $1.00, but it was pink and just not what I wanted, so what is a girl to do??  Why recover it, of course!

I used a variety of supplies for this project.  I took some of my SU cardstock to cover the front, back and spine.  I found a really nice digital kit online that I plan on using to create my own scrapbook, so I used some papers and images from that kit.  I also found some cool word art online as well and used that for the cover.  I attached some SU ribbon to help keep the album closed if you were to stand it up for displaying.  The ribbon is adhered to the back, but is loose enough to slip on and off.  Although this doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of a scrapbook you would typically see, it is still a scrapbook, :)

Here is the original album:

















Here is the re-covered album:

No comments:

Post a Comment