Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Memory Keeping

I was just looking at my iphoto software and I have 10,993 photos that are just sitting on my computer. In addition to the photos on my computer, I have shoe boxes full of photos before digital photography came to be.

I have tried numerous times to get my memories "scrapbooked". I started out with paper and scissors in 1998 and I do have a few scrapbooks done that way, but then around 2004, I decided to try digital scrapbooking. Well, I made a number of layouts, but most of them still remain on the computer, as I never actually printed them out. Maybe two or three made it off the computer. Although digital was less messy and seemed less destructive, I could never seem to get anywhere with it.

I am going to embark on a journey to get my photos in to albums the easy way. Instead of trying to create elaborate pages, I just want to get my photos and my stories preserved. The longer I wait, the longer it is going to take.

I am inviting you to follow me on my journey. My goal is to start with albums for the kids. One album for each year. I also would like to do a family album as well. I decided to go with the three ring binder type of album. I am going with the 12x12 size so I can add as many pages as needed and also vary the style of pages inside. For example, I can use 12x12, 8.5x11 and some that hold 6 4x6 photos and so forth. There are a number of different companies that manufacture these types of albums, including Stampin' UP!

Let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment