Friday, January 25, 2013

One Little Word 2013 - CHANGE

I am taking Ali Edwards "One Little Word" class over at Big Picture Classes.  It is a year long class, and I am excited to be a part of it this year.

My word for 2013 is CHANGE.

I chose this word because I want to focus on all the changes that have happened, or will happen.  I want to learn to be more accepting of changes that occur, whether they be a personal change, or an environmental change.  Changes that I have no control over.  I am sure as the year progresses Ali will challenge us with many creative prompts to focus on our chosen word.

For the month of January, the assignment was to come up with a list of twelve intentions/phrases that went with our chosen word.  Here are my pages created for the intentions/phrases:





I made my cards using Crumb Cake cardstock from Stampin' UP! The cards measure 2.5" x 3.5" and slide neatly in to some baseball card page protectors I purchased from Amazon ages ago.  I used Photoshop Elements to create the phrases for each card.  I made my own "rub-ons" by printing the mirror image of my phrases on to the smooth side of an inkjet transparency.  I flipped over the transparency and used a popsicle stick. I outlined each card with a White Signo Gel Glo Pen.  I used a 1 1/4" SU circle punch to punch out the months.  I trimmed the tops of my circles and adhered them to my cards using some washy tape and a little snail adhesive.  

I really like the Kraft look with just a touch of color here and there.  I am thinking I may end up doing this with my journaling cards for project life also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment