Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Craft Zone and organization

It's been a while and I really want to get this blog back up and running.  To kick it off, I recently cleaned up and re-organized my crafting zone.  We are a military family and live in base housing, so our options are limited when it comes to space.  Prior to child #2, aka Joshua, I had my own little room to do with as I pleased.  Of course after Joshua came along, I had to move all of my crafty items somewhere else.  I decided that since my husband has a garage for his hobby, I was going to take over the empty wall in the master bedroom.  I am one of those crafters that needs to be able to see the majority of what I have, otherwise, it may not be used.  So, let me take you on a journey through my crafty space.  I am going to start off with a view pictures of the basic setup of the room and then some close-ups.





This gives you and idea of my basic setup.  The majority of my supplies are on along the back wall of our bedroom, and then I have a bookcase that houses the majority of my stamps, some magazines and books and my sewing machine.


This is what I use to store my SU glitter and embossing powder.  It is a K-cup holder.  These small containers fit perfectly and when I want to use them I don't have to root through a drawer to find them.   It's sits on the top of the four cubes which house my paper products and a few of the extra large dies for the Big Shot.


Since I am a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, the majority of cardstock I use is mostly SU. There are four color families, and that is how I arrange my paper.  Brights, subtles, regals and neutrals.  I store each color in a legal size manilla folder.  The reason I do this is because I keep my scraps in with the unused sheets.  I use my scraps way more doing it this way, then storing them separately!

The drawer below has hanging file folders that hold all of my Designer Series Paper and Specialty Paper.  I also have retired in colors in a folder in this drawer as well.  (which is nice, because two In Colors from 2010-2012 are coming back this year as part of the color refresh).

The cube above this holds the current In-color cardstock and the black, white card stock.  It also holds a few dies.


I store the majority of my punches on these Bygel rails from Ikea.  I love that I can just grab one, use it, and put it back.  There is a small hook screwed in to the side of the top cube and this is where I hang my heat tool when not in use.




I use more Bygel rails, hanging baskets and spice jars (all from Ikea) to store my ribbon and embellishments (brads, buttons, etc).  The upper pink bucket holds baker's twine and linen thread.
The bottom pink bucket holds all of my paint brushes.


These sit on the left corner of my workspace.  The metal buckets holds my snail adhesives, sharpie markers and a few pencils.  I keep all my scissors, ruler, stamp-a-ma-jig, corner rounders and other small tools accesible in these cute little brown tote.


I got these little cube shelves and cube bins at Target.  This is what is right in front of my workspace.  I store my markers in the clear dvd cases by color family, and one for the current in colors.  I also have pearls and rhinestones stored in a clear dvd case.  My adhesives  and stamp cleaner are stored in the lower left cube.  I store the smaller punches and punches that won't fit on the ikea rails here, along with my Versamark ink pads and Staz on ink pads.


This is my Big Shot and paper trimming station.  Most of the time, I move the paper trimmer to the side and position the Big Shot so it is parallel to the edge of the table.  

The card I have on display is one my daughter, who is seven, made for me.  When I was cleaning out my supplies, I gave her a bunch of things I knew I would not use.  I never showed her how to use flowers or brads, so I think it's pretty cool that she came up with that all on her own.



These are the shelves immediately above the big shot.  Most of the stuff on these shelves are supplies I use to make domino necklaces and keychains.  


This is my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I use this set quite often and I was tired of keeping it that horrible plastic container.  I had some empty clear decorative paint cans and the set fit perfectly in it. 


This cube storage came from Target.   Each bin is labeled with a little tag as to what the contents are.  

I didn't add close ups of my ink storage, but I use the Stampin' UP! color caddy.  I also have a kitchen cart from ikea in the corner that holds my printer, silhouette, mail scale, and a few other odds and ends. 

Someday I hope to have one of those lovely craft rooms I see all over the internet.  For now, my little crafty zone is just fine with me.  












No comments:

Post a Comment